Who we are
We are Swan Pier Company Ltd. Trading as Thames Leisure (“we”, “us” or “our”), of One Bell Lane, Lewes, BN7 1JU. For purposes of the Data Protection Act (1998) and EU General Data Protection Regulation as of May 2018. We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration number ZA384749.
We are committed to protecting your personal information. As a data controller we have a responsibility to make sure you know why and how your personal information is being collected in accordance with relevant data protection law in connection with any personal information collected or received by us arising from your use of any of our products, services, applications, websites and customer support communications.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Subject to the circumstances defined below, Thames Leisure will treat the details you provide with the utmost confidentially. The information will be retained on a secure server; its storage will fully comply with the UK Data Protection Act (1998) and EU General Data Protection Regulation (2018) as well as consumer legislation.
When you communicate with Thames Leisure you may be asked to supply key data including your name, email address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, and other payment information.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any time. Your continued use of our products, services and websites that are subject to this Policy will signify your acceptance of any and all changes to this Policy made by us from time to time.
This policy is effective from 23rd May 2018. If you are not satisfied please write to us at the following address: Thames Leisure, Tower Millennium Pier, London, EC3N 4DT
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- billing information
- demographic information such as postcode
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers and/or purchases
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- Marketing our business and services to you, such as sending newsletters
- Contact you if any services you requested are unavailable or to notify you in the event of any changes to an Event, such as if an Event cancels or postpones
- Customer analysis, to help us better understand who our customers are
- Providing customer service, such as responding to emails, contacting you with information updates or arranging call backs
- Tracking activity on our website, marketing emails and social media channels, so as to improve the user experience
- Administer the website effectively and legally
- Provide statistical data to improve the services offered via the website
- Deliver website content to you (eg. newsletters). You may at any time opt out of such contact by contacting us via email/telephone/letter or by clicking on the unsubscribe link on our emails or newsletters
Supplying us with other people’s data
- Give consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data
- Receive and consent to data protection notices on their behalf
- Give consent to the processing of their potentially sensitive personal data (e.g. their access requirements)
It is also of the upmost importance the person is able to understand what consent is and the reason their data is being passed to us for processing. Disclosure of phone numbers, addresses, age or other personally identifying information that may breach someone else’s privacy is prohibited.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
CCTV (Closed Circuit Television)
In addition to the above we may record Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) images of you when you are at our venues or within their vicinity for your safety and security. The purpose of the CCTV is for staff safety and crime prevention and detection. The footage is normally held for no more than 30 days and may be shared with the police for crime prevention and detection purposes. All staff who have access to CCTV are fully trained in data protection and compliance practices associated with working in such an environment.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Thames Leisure Website Usage Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Thames Leisure’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is One Bell Lane, Lewes, BN7 1JU. Thames Leisure is the trading name of Swan Pier Company Ltd. Our company registration number is 0590 1281 and it is registered to the address: One Bell Lane, Lewes, BN7 1JU.The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this site is correct, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions.
Usage of the site is at your own risk. We shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Links to other websites
If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or enforceable, it shall be severed and deleted
Our presence on Social Media sites
We have accounts on social media sites such as Instagram and Facebook.
We welcome your comments or questions on our social media pages and we encourage open debate.
However, we do ask that our followers adhere to certain good practices to ensure that our page complies with the law and regulations governing the Civil Service, and to create a welcoming environment for all of our followers.
Therefore, we will remove comments that:
- Contain swearing, abusive, offensive or obscene language
- Make potentially libelous or defamatory statements
- Constitute spam or promote or advertise products except where it is for an event, publication or similar item that has direct relevance to us
- Contain material which is potentially confidential, commercially sensitive, or which may cause personal distress or loss
- Are designed to cause nuisance to the page administrator or other users
We may remove any posts that violate the above rules without prior notice, and our decision will be considered final. We will not edit any of your comments.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your information rights
As a data controller we have a duty to inform you of not only why your personal information is being processed but what rights you have around your personal information too.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You have the right to:
- Be informed of how your personal information is being used. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Thames Leisure, Tower Millennium Pier, London, EC3N 4DT. Or email us at email@example.com
- Have access to information held about you, this is commonly known as a Subject Access Request (SAR)
- Have your personal information deleted in certain circumstances
- Have inaccuracies within your personal information corrected
- Restrict processing of your personal information until inaccuracies are corrected or if there is a dispute around legal basis for processing the personal information
- Object to processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Have your personal data transferred to another provider
- Be informed of where automated decision making (ADM) takes place and be given an option to opt out of ADM
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We will only send you marketing emails if you have consented to us doing so.
- What information is being collected: Mandatory: Name, Email Address. Optional: Main Phone or Mobile Number, Company Name if applicable.
- Legal Basis for Processing: Explicit Consent
- Who is collecting it: Swan Pier Company Ltd.
- How is it collected: directly from the customer
- Why is it being collected: for communication with customers who are interested in receiving information from Swan Pier Company Ltd. trading as Thames Leisure
- How will it be used: to email you with marketing communications such as event information, latest offers and news, ‘familiarisation’ trip invites.
- Who will it be shared with: On occasion with contractors with whom it may be to your benefit to communicate with, and only then with your explicit consent
- How long we will keep it for: until stated
Opting In: when you sign-up to our email services you will be provided with options for individual preferences and what personal information we hold about you. The only information that is mandatory is your name and email address
No personal information provided by you will be used for marketing purposes unless you have agreed to be contacted by us
Opting out: You can unsubscribe from this service at any time by following the unsubscribe link on the bottom of the emails you receive from us or editing your preferences within your email service account. If you are struggling with this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist.
Updated: 23rd May 2018